Grow Smarter is seeking a qualified candidate to take on the role of Manager. This position is responsible for Grow Smarter’s continuous communication with the community and ensuring the engagement of stakeholders in the collective impact. They should have excellent facilitation and presentation skills and will facilitate work group meetings that are engaging and collaborative. The Grow Smarter backbone support is a critical component of the infrastructure enabling collaborative, multi-sector efforts to advance system-level change while ensuring an equity focus. Be a part of something bigger with the Grow Smarter initiative of equitable economic development in St. Pete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a team structure and establish guidelines for the Grow Smarter Initiative.
- Manage staff in the accomplishment of tasks necessary for the success of Grow Smarter.
- Facilitating steering committee meetings, work group meetings, leading groups to strategy development and action.
- Establish and manage a process to ensure Work Groups meet in a timely manner, the information shared in those meetings is disseminated appropriately, and the right stakeholders are at the table.
- Meet with community members about Grow Smarter and create a community outreach plan to get them engaged in the process.
- Work with the Data Analyst on the creation of Grow Smarter analytics and reports.
- Create content and manage the Grow Smarter Summit and workgroup events. Recruit Grow Smarter workgroup leadership and work collaboratively to ensure the success and outcomes of the workgroup processes.
- Ensure an equity focus in Grow Smarter.
- Supporting the Vice President of Community Development in any other day to day activities required to achieve the visions, goals and building internal infrastructure.
- Work with the Vice President of Community Development to provide regular progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred
- At least five years of experience in relevant fields such as collective impact facilitation, community organizing, community nonprofit organizations, government agency or similar organization
- Experience facilitating stakeholder groups to achieve greater collaboration and action
- Experience working with stakeholder groups that are diverse in their culture, ethnicity, socio-economic status, and other experiences
- Demonstrated success working with teams to achieve stated outcomes
- Ability to think and problem solve at a systems level
- Comfort with work planning and managing multiple priorities in a context of change and ambiguity while adapting to changing needs or momentum
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaborative skills
- Have an understanding of and passion for addressing the issues facing St. Petersburg
- Uphold the Chamber’s Core Values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, and Integrity
A Resume and Cover Letter are required for your application to be considered, and at least three professional references are requested.
Learn more about the position, qualifications, and how to apply HERE. We look forward to learning more about you!