Discussion of putting together a meeting of workgroup leaders (Coordinated Education and Training, Entrepreneurial Growth, and Targeted Job Creation)
A Survey Based on Barry Foster’s Handout (see basecamp).
- A brief survey, likely administered by the City, to sample our underserved entrepreneurial community. It seeks to understand the following: organizational makeup, talent, capital, climate, and risk tolerance.
- Built in identifiers with Business Tax ID
- Name of firm, employment numbers, geo-location, self-reported industry identifier, minority or women owned status.
Coordinated Education and Training:
Grow Smarter Data Analyst overview of Pinellas industry by race/ethnicity
- Interest in industry projections—which industries are believed to experience growth within the St. Petersburg Area into the future?
- What are the unemployment levels of each industry throughout Pinellas?
What are the strengths of our economy?
- Healthcare is one of St. Petersburg’s largest employers—yet how do we analyze its pipeline?
- What are hospital/healthcare entities employment needs?
- Should we contact hospitals to inquire?
What incentives exist for employers to care about hiring disconnected youth?
We need clarification for Employer Training Grants.
Districts and Corridors:
Contacting the City to gather information concerning the town center and development plan
Understanding the history of Tropicana Field
Downtown Partnership and St. Petersburg Catalyst co-producing book
- Committed to 500 copies
- Grow Smarter investing in the book for its summit
Grow Smarter Summit
- Inviting people from the communities that were demolished for Tropicana Field or directly impacted
Community Calendar with St. Petersburg Catalyst
- This is a calendar to help prevent competing events from scheduling simultaneously
- Grow Smarter would like Basecamp to replace calendar invites
- Minutes, notes, handouts, etc are stored under files documents per each workgroup