Grow Smarter Social Media and Marketing Intern
Grow Smarter is an inclusive, multi-sector initiative to create equitable economic growth in St. Petersburg. The initiative works is areas including District and Corridor Development, Coordinated Education and Training, Culture and Community, Housing, Targeted Job Creation and Entrepreneurial Growth. More information about Grow Smarter can be found at www.growsmarterstpete.com.
Grow Smarter is seeking a Social Media and Marketing Intern to assist with day to day content development for its social media and communications platforms. The internship will be twelve to fifteen hours per week.
This position will be compensated on an hourly basis. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Marisa Mattingly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist with increasing brand awareness and social presence of Grow Smarter by creating original content for social platforms and sourcing content from community partners and media outlets
- Write and edit blog posts
- Provide social media support at live Grow Smarter events (live tweeting, posting Facebook live videos, etc.)
- Attend community events relevant to Grow Smarter and take photographs to be developed into content for social media platforms
- Assist with moderating social media to ensure that user-generated content adheres with Grow Smarter guidelines
- Develop event marketing campaigns to increase attendance for Grow Smarter events
- Other social media/marketing tasks as assigned
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience with graphic design software a plus
- Experience with WordPress a plus
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Uphold the Chamber’s Core Values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, Integrity
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction